We want better, healthier and safer streets for everyone in the borough.
- Streets where we can choose to walk, bike, skip, scoot, or skate in safety and comfort.
- Streets that enable children to travel to and from school without cars.
- Streets with clean, unpolluted air and green public spaces for everyone to enjoy.
- Streets thriving with people relaxing and socialising, supporting local businesses to build our community.
- Streets that provide space for pedestrians and cyclists encouraging healthier, more active lifestyles.
“School Streets” closed to motor vehicles at pick up & drop off time
Low-traffic neighbourhoods in every ward
Zero days with air pollution over the legal maximum
More secure residents’ and visitors’ cycle parking from the borough and developers
More spaces without motor traffic to increase high street footfall & create spaces for people
Improvements to main roads for people walking, cycling and living, alongside wider motor traffic reduction policies